Since September 2009 Martin Sperrink has resumed his business, EMS Services Ltd, providing consultancy services to the gas & pipeline industry. Clients have included Fastflow Pipeline Services Ltd, Swagelining Ltd, Capita (for Northern Gas Networks) and Rayden Engineering Ltd
Prior to this, for a period of 9 months, Martin Sperrink was engaged in developing a new company (Fastflow Energy Projects Ltd) to service the UK gas pipeline industry for the Fastflow Pipeline Services Group as the Operations Director.
Martin Sperrink formed EMS Services Ltd in 2007 and for the first 18 months carried out contracts for PPS Pipeline Systems Ltd as bid manager and Jacobs Engineering as construction manager.
From 1998 to 2007 Martin Sperrink served as Operations Director of the pipeline business for Laing O’Rourke Infrastructure. Prior to this appointment he was a Project Manager for John Laing on EPC gas pipeline projects between 1996 and 1998.
During 1996 Martin Sperrink worked for Haswells (Consulting Engineers) as the specialist Gas Engineer to develop their design service to the Gas Industry.
Martin Sperrink was employed by British Gas for 17 years engaged on onshore construction in Distribution and Transmission from terminal to customer meter including:-
- 2 years as Senior Project Engineer for National Transmission Construction Department assisting the Project Manager in project office management. This included a period of overseas secondment to Global Gas working on a pipeline development project in Chile.
- 2 years carrying out site based Project Engineering associated with National Transmission gas pipeline construction
- 8 years as Project Engineer undertaking management and control of various Regional Transmission construction projects
- 4 years as Engineering Assistant in Gas Distribution Engineering at District level
- 1 year as Engineering Graduate Trainee
Previous to employment with British Gas, Martin Sperrink served a 4 year Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship as part of thin sandwich degree course with RHP, a bearing manufacturer.